We treat a full range of skin problems
Our Consultant Dermatologist team at our skin clinic in Leeds are experts in skin cancer, medical and cosmetic dermatology. Our experience means we treat all skin conditions including: acne, psoriasis, eczema, moles, possible skin cancers and remove benign skin lesions. Our dermatologists perform anti-wrinkle treatment to prevent premature ageing and offer dermal fillers.
Our Consultant Dermatologist service at our skin clinic in Leeds:
- Diagnosis & management of all skin complaints e.g. eczema, psoriasis, urticarial, alopecia and nail conditions.
- Mole Checks
- Allergy testing
- Skin cancer diagnosis & treatment
- Acne & Rosacea management including Roaccutane
- Hyperhidrosis/excessive sweating treatment
Minor skin surgery
The Whitehall Clinic is a leading accredited Private Clinic for minor skin surgery procedures. From our Central Leeds Clinic treatment rooms, we remove moles, skin tags, lipomas, cysts and keratosis and offer steroid injection for hypertrophic scars.
We ensure that every patient is given the highest level of care and professionalism, creating a skin surgery clinic that deals with all common minor skin presentations that are bothering you, in a safe, effective manner and with the perfect cosmetic results.
There is no medical professional more suited to deal with minor skin surgery procedures than a Consultant Plastic Surgeon. As such, our minor skin surgery service is led by Mr. Sharif Al Ghazal, a highly-experienced Plastic Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer at Leeds University Medical School.
For your added convenience, we offer a same day diagnosis and treatment service. At your in-clinic appointment, Mr. Al Ghazal will carry our a consultation, plan and then perform the appropriate treatment. To minimise pain, the procedures are carried out under local anaesthetic. Full aftercare instructions will also be provided at the end of your visit. On average, the appointment length of 30 minutes.
Book your consultation today. You can also submit a photograph of your skin lesion in order that we can guide you on the most appropriate treatment and price for your treatment. Please complete the form on this page and our team will get back to you within 24 hours.
Mole check / skin lesion appointment with Consultant Plastic Surgeon – £100
Excision of skin lesion / mole – £300 – £350 (dependant on size)
- Our Plastic Surgeon uses a small knife (scalpel) to remove an entire lump or an area of abnormal skin, including a portion of normal skin down to, or through the fatty layer of skin. This technique is used for the removal of moles, cysts and lipomas. Stitches may be needed to close the wound. A bandage is then placed over the wound to protect it and prevent bleeding.
Shave / curettage of skin lesion – £175
- Up to 4 lesions
- Additional £50 per lesion
- Our Plastic Surgeon uses a tool similar to a razor to remove a small section of the top layers of the skin (epidermis and a portion of the dermis). This is commonly used to remove skin tags and keratosis. The depth of the cut varies. A shave biopsy causes bleeding. Pressure and topical medication might be applied to stop bleeding.
Cortisone Injection – £150 (per lesion)
- Steroid injections can help soften and then shrink hard scars. Keloids and hypertrophic (lumpy) scars often soften after intralesional steroid injections, becoming less noticeable. Patients commonly require a series of injections (up to 6) to obtain a good result; this depends on the size of the scar.
Cryotherapy – £150 (per session)
- Actinic keratoses can be removed by freezing them with liquid nitrogen. Mr. Al Ghazal applies the substance to the affected skin, which causes blistering or peeling. As your skin heals, the damaged cells slough off, allowing new skin to appear. You may need a few sessions before complete resolution.
Incisional Biopsy – £175
- Our Plastic Surgeon uses a circular tool to remove a small core of the skin; including deeper layers (epidermis, dermis and superficial fat). This is used to help with diagnosis of skin conditions and often is upon recommendation as part of the diagnostic plan from our Consultant Dermatologist.
Histology – £150 (per lesion)
- Your tissue samples are sent to our partner laboratory for analysis. The results are typically shared with you in 2 weeks. If required, our Consultants will arrange a follow-up appointment if further management is required.
Removal of sutures / dressings change – £50
We have sought out the best doctors who offer unrivalled knowledge in their speciality.
We have invested in state-of-the-art medical technology, diagnostics, and in-house laboratory testing.
DOCTORS WHO CARE
Our doctors partner with you to educate, counsel and empower you to take control of your health.
From our private clinic in Central Leeds you will meet a GMC-registered Dermatologist with over 10 years’ clinical experience in all things skin. Following a detailed history and examination of your condition you will receive a diagnosis and evidence based treatment plan relevant to your condition.
Our Clinic is a state-of-the-art facility and first of its kind skin clinic in Leeds City Centre. We ensure that all procedures are carried out to the highest of standards from our well-equipped skin clinic in Leeds.
All of our procedures are carried out by a fully qualified, GMC-registered consultant Dermatologist. Our minor skin surgery clinic treats moles, possible skin cancers and benign skin lesions e.g. skin tags and warts.
All Dermatology procedures will be carried out in our Leeds Clinic following strict medical protocols. Our Dermatologist has carried out over 1,500 skin surgery procedures. We carry out minor skin surgery procedures from our Leeds Clinic and if needed can arrange onward referral for more complex procedures and cosmetic surgery.
We do offer facial aesthetics, if you feel your skin is in need of a pick-up or you would like to focus on prevention of premature ageing. Our Consultant Dermatologist is fully qualified to deliver facial rejuvenation techniques such as anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers for the purpose of cheek fillers, lip fillers and treatment of nose to mouth lines as well as the downturned mouth.
During your initial consultation, your skin doctor may end up diagnosing a skin cancer, following the detailed initial assessment, our Leeds Dermatology Clinic can arrange biopsy and histological examination if the Doctor feels this is necessary. In most cases, skin cancer is not detected. Depending on the result of your skin biopsy, our Consultant Dermatologist, who has experience in the management of skin cancers, can plan the appropriate management.
From our skin clinic in Leeds we can start the required treatment as soon as possible to give you the best possible chance of full recovery and on-going skin surveillance to ensure no recurrence.
From our private Dermatologist Clinic in Leeds, we’ll ask a series of questions to understand your medical and skin history, along with understanding your current lifestyle and skincare regime.
If your skin is going through a state of flux currently, it may be useful to note down anything you’ve noticed in the run up to the appointment that could be linked. Our specialist skin doctor may carry out some tests to learn more about what is going on and then will prescribe a best course of action moving forward.
Yes, our private Dermatologist can treat all types of acne. From our skin clinic in Leeds, our skin doctor can recommend, prescribe and monitor Isotretinoin (Roaccutane).
Our skin doctor is based in our Leeds Clinic, based on our consultation and the recommendation from our Consultant Dermatologist, our health concierge team can arrange for a prescription delivery to your home or workplace.
Our Dermatologist will discuss any results findings with you in a follow-up appointment at our Leeds Skin Clinic where required. Even after you have left the Leeds Skin Clinic, our private concierge team are on hand to look after you and can arrange any further care or medication that you require.